Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Feeling Festive

Most of you may know that I am not big on winter. There is all of that snow, gaudy decorations, and annoying Christmas music playing EVERYWHERE! When it comes to decorations I'm all about simple. No non-Christmas related holiday decorations--the simplest of all--is the norm. I enjoy a tastefully decorated tree (small white lights are preferred) and that is about all I can take. This may be my way of rebelling against the plentiful decorations I grew up with in both my mother's and grandmother's houses. They both decorate themselves and their houses for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving (beware of the multiplying Pilgrims!), Christmas, birthdays, etc. Heck, if they could find the right decorations for Mondays, they would be all over it. I'm not saying that this is a bad way to live; it's just not for me. So when E sent me a picture on Saturday of her fully decorated live tree, I started feeling festive. I spent Sunday night dragging out the pre-lit tree I bought a few years ago. I got all of the ribbon and ornaments on in short order. I even hung a few stockings from the mantle. O'Malley was very intrigued by the whole process and is in love with the tree box (and that is the excuse I'm using for the fact that it is still in the living room). I even spent last night wrapping some presents for under the tree. So pretty! I tried to take a picture of my tree with my cell phone but it has some weird color issues. I'll try again later with my camera.

No comments: