Friday, April 27, 2007

Starbucks makes it all better

Since I had some errands to run and would be passing by a Starbucks, I had to go in. I haven't had a frappichino in at least a year but I broke down and got a caffe vanilla. Yum-o! It is amazing how much taste affects my moods. Oh yeah, and I get to be front row at small a Todd Agnew concert tonight; great way to bring in the Sabbath. Anyway, for the last month or so my bad days have outnumbered the good. As a result of immense frustration, I took a last minute personal day on Wednesday. It ended up being one of the most perfect days. I woke up just after 8 AM and then sat down with O'Malley and a bowl of cereal to have my devotional. I am just starting Mark Finley's Solid Ground. It is a short one page message for each day. It is simple to read but really packs a punch. When I was finished I decided to pick back up a book,The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, that my mom recommended to me a couple of years ago when I was in this same state of mind. Cheryl Richardson is/was the life coach for a friend of my mom's and recommended her. She deals with life makeovers and finding your purpose. This is right up my alley as I am feeling overwhelmed and burnt out and purposeless. So after reading chapter one and doing the recommended journal exercise, I went for a nice, leisurely 3 mile walk. I was surprised at how much wild life was out and playing: birds, geese, squirrels. Even though it started raining halfway through, it was very peaceful. I got back to the apartment at 10:30, took a shower and read some of C.S. Lewis's Out of the Silent Planet. Then my favorite part of the day: NAP TIME! I took a two hour nap. (Like I said, it was a very good day.) The evening was topped off with some Thai food (from boxes of course) and Lost with E & J. Why can't every day be like that?

No comments: