Friday, July 18, 2008

Something to Think About

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now, but life keeps getting in the way. When it comes to email forwards I'm on a lot of people's lists. What I find really interesting is that I get all of the anti-Obama propaganda (ie, he's a practicing Muslim, his wife is evil incarnate, his name is similar to Osama, and oh did you know that he's black?!) come from only two people--both of which are spiritual leaders in their respective churches. It's sad that these individuals believe everything they read in an email forward and feel the need to pass on the ignorant negative personal attacks. Disclaimer: While I did vote for Obama in the primaries that is not why this gets to me. I would have the same discomfort if these people were forwarding on ignorant emails about McCain or any other politician. My issue is with spiritual leaders passing on any malicious emails and accepting things as fact without researching them.

1 comment:

Brénainn (Brendan) said...

Frankly to be straight forward about politics, I hate it. One way or the other no one is going to be satisfied. Which is why I do not vote. I know I am going to hear the same "Well, if you do not vote you shouldn't complain." excuse. But how about this? "Give me a 'real person' or a 'Honest Politician' to vote for then I will." Good Luck on that one.

As for the Elders and Church leaders: What ever happen to "Separation from Church and State" ? That goes both ways not just one.