Thursday, May 10, 2007

Births


On Monday morning my friend (and E&J's sister-in-law) R delivered her beautiful baby boy Andrew. I am always surprised by the little fingernails. I took off after work and made the 2 1/2 hour drive over to Little Rock so that I could spend some time with little Andrew on his first day in the world. I got there around 7:45p and stayed just over an hour. Then I made the 2 1/2 hour drive home. It was totally worth it. Not only did I spend that whole time holding the precious little one, I got to see her in-laws. I am amazed by this whole family. Ever since I first met the family last year they have accepted me as their own. It's kind of like I'm another daughter/sister-in-law even though the Sims boys are married. Considering that my family is 1,300 miles away it is nice that they are so welcoming.

While I was holding Andrew I kept wishing that I was in a place in my life where I could start thinking about having children. Several of my friends are in the baby-making way and I'm a little jealous of that. I'm inching ever closer to the start of my fourth decade of life (only one year and 18 days left). Alas, there is no one in my life to make babies with. I do see myself well settled into married life before shaking it up with kids. I like that my brother waited five years before starting to spawn. It gave him and his wife time together to really appreciate each other before their lives became about the boys. But marriage is years away for me--as I keep telling my mom, I need to meet my future husband before I can think about marrying him :) Adoption is always an option if I never find the right person (or even if I do), but I don't really see myself as a single parent considering the fact that I am much in want of the help-mate that is missing in my life now. Anyway you slice it, I have baby fever and no outlet.

No comments: