Friday, January 04, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

Christmas & New Year's have come and gone. Both were rather low key and involved family and/or friends. I don't believe in New Year's resolutions anymore so I didn't make any. This is partly because I don't have a good history of keeping them and partly because you shouldn't wait until the new year for life change opportunities. Although when you take into consideration that I spent most of New Year's Day watching You Are What You Eat and The Biggest Loser while sitting on the couch, maybe I should've. :) This week was a big spending week for me. I finally broke down and bought a new laptop. They were having a special on all-in-one printers, so I picked one of those up for $30. I even treated myself to a 1GB RAM upgrade meaning I now have 2 GB (which was offset by the discount for re-signing up for internet which gets installed on the 18th) and a wireless router which was paid for with all of the gift cards I got for Christmas. All if this at no interest for 18 months! Don't you just love it when stores have those specials? Anyway, I called my parents to tell them the good news and discovered that without even trying I have the same laptop and printer as Mom! I guess I am my mother's daughter. This weekend will be a busy one. Since the Pastor is out of town, I will be teaching SS for the second week in a row. Per his request, I do start off the class every week, so I'm not really sure how much of a help it really is for him to do the lesson 3 times a month. Oh well. I also get to learn about laying tile on Sunday. That should be fun. Finally I need to get my house in tip top shape because I am hosting a movie night next Saturday (12th). I have a good start since I had a major cleaning session to prepare for my Great Aunt & Uncle's New Year's Eve visit. It's all about maintenance mode now.

No comments: