Friday, April 25, 2008

Time Flies

I didn't realize how long it's been since my last post. I guess time flies when your life is boring. Not too much has been going on. Always teaching Sabbath School, some school board meetings, a leaky shower (puddles in the kitchen) that is hopefully fixed, a good cleaning of the house, and a picture of my new kitten. I'm hoping for one of the orange fuzzballs that is male. And since it's a redhead, I have no choice but to keep with the Irish theme and name the little one Daly. Cross your fingers that O'Malley will let him stay. If all goes according to plan, I can get Daly on a Saturday afternoon in late May and take a couple days off to watch him and the Head of the Household together.


I'm starting to get excited about this summer. I'm anxious for my two week vacation in June. Just the thought of nephews and sleeping and reading and canoeing and Fenway. (I may even be able to spend some time with an old flame that I haven't seen in years but still talk to on occasion. But don't tell Mom, she'll get her hopes up.) I'm also looking forward to not being "on" every Sabbath. I know that I will be doing a little something most weeks, but to be able to actually relax on Sabbath is very much needed. I do feel bad about "abandoning" the Teens, but I think that they will understand and I also think that I have some great replacements. Unfortunately, my current "co-leader" is not so understanding. He's been MIA for weeks and became very angry when he wasn't asked back. But come on! If you refuse to teach the lesson when you begged for weeks to be able to lead out and hand it back off to me with zero notice, can you really expect to be trusted with responsibilty? Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how people think.

1 comment:

Brénainn (Brendan) said...

Aww. aren't they cute...