Friday, May 02, 2008

Feeling It

Today is one of those days that I am acutely aware of my singleness. I spent a lot of energy dealing with other peoples problems and trying to pick up after them. I'm done! Isn't it about time for someone to take care of ME? I am the sole breadwinner, landscaper, house cleaner and cook. Oh and don't even get me started on being the sole SS teacher. I'm not asking to be pampered. Right now I need someone to share my frustrations with (O'Malley doesn't count this time), someone to get away with. Don't get me wrong, my female friends are great. But the majority of the local ones are married or in long term relationships so we are in different places mentally and emotionally. The only single friend I can think of I can only take in small doses. (We don't have the same communication style and I often feel physically trapped--personal space and politeness are part of this--when we have conversations.)It has been over two years since my last date and am missing all of the things that go along with even a casual dating relationship. Dang! Now that I type it, that sounds really bad. I do have an old flame (from back in 2001-era) who I have been getting reacquainted with, but he lives in Massachusetts. Besides, it's nothing more than the occasional text message chat/phone call.

1 comment:

Brénainn (Brendan) said...

Yeah I know that exact feeling. So I break out the head phones, crank the music, and put a do not bother sign up and work myself until I am blue in the face to detour my thought from the constant reminders. I turn on songs like Bob Segar, Poison, anything that forces that bad emotion out.