Monday, July 27, 2009

Crafting for Charity Update

I seem to be getting the hang of this whole knitting thing. Last Thursday (7/23) I went to Yarniverse and learned how to cast off and weave in the ends. Here is a look at the finished project, my first eco-friendly scarf. It kept .6 plastic bottles from a landfill and took about a week and a half to finish. Wednesday night I started my second scarf. I didn't have as much yarn in my skein as I had hoped, so it's a little shorter than the first but still works. I used larger needles (13s) so it only took me about 4 days to complete. I just need to weave in the ends once I get the proper tool.
And here is my 3rd scarf. I started it on Sunday afternoon and was able to get a lot done while hanging out and playing Wii with LadyBoyd and friends. I should be finished by week's end even though I plan on making this a longer scarf.
I think I'm about ready to make scarfs for some of my friends and maybe learn some more advanced techniques. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: