Friday, June 29, 2007

Morning Visitor

I don't really know what is happening, but I'm starting to wake up by 6:15 every morning even without O'Malley's gentle head taps. Since I was awake so early this morning I decided to take advantage of the situation and work out before breakfast/devotional time. This week I have been trying to do the "Slim in 6" DVD's 11 minute ab workout at least every other day. I put on the "Slim in 6" DVD I have and went with the simple 24 minute workout instead. It is basically a mini-workout designed to get you familiar with the moves. I have done this DVD program and the next stage in the past, but was really out of it this morning. I had to take several breaks and got a little overheated. I'm chalking it up to not being hydrated enough at the start even though I went through a huge cup of water during the video. Needless to say, I was quite the sweaty girl and much in need of a shower. Just as I was getting ready to lather-rinse-repeat I saw one of the largest, hairiest, ugliest spiders walking across the floor of the tub. It was inches away from my feet. I tried to get it to go down the drain, but it was a stubborn fella. I even tried switching the water from the shower to the spicket. I got out of the shower, soaking wet, and tried to dump water on it from the lid of the cotton ball container but that didn't do the trick. Finally I went to the bedroom, retrieved my trusty New Balance sneakers and crushed the bugger. Only then was I able to coax it down the drain and continue on with my morning. Before you put in your call to PETA, please note that I do not fear or hate spiders. I just don't want them in my tub! If he had been on the wall or outside I wouldn't have reacted to severely. I did try to get him down the drain alive at first...

No comments: