Monday, July 09, 2007

Waiting is the hardest part

So here it is 3 1/2 weeks until I close on the house and I'm stuck waiting. I'm waiting to hear back on my homeowner's insurance policy which needs to be in place for the mortgage papers. Waiting on this Friday's home inspection to find out what exactly I've gotten myself into. That is also when I'm going in with the measuring tape. I'm hoping to buy a stove this weekend (after the inspection of course). Next week I can work on finding some movers to help me with the heavy wood furniture from the bedroom and the washer & dryer. I also need to figure out if I want a futon for the second bedroom or a regular mattress set. Either way that is a purchase I'll need to make in the near future. I'm waiting until the inspection to start packing. I'll need to clean the rugs in my apartment and figure out a time line so I can transfer over the cable, electric, etc. I'm not really looking forward to two electric bills in August. It seems like so much needs to be done, including a small paint job on the cabinets, downstairs built-in and fireplace mantel, but nothing can really start for several weeks. I don't think that the back yard has been mowed all summer, so that will be a fun task. J has offered to take care of it for me, but we'll see. I'm going to need to get my own mower at some point. Maybe my parents can help me pick one out when they come for a Labor Day visit.

No comments: