Thursday, March 29, 2007

Burn Baby Burn

This afternoon I started to feel that lovely muscle burn associated with exercise. That's right: I exercised last night. I got home just after 6p and instead of turning on the TV I decided that it was nice enough to go for a walk. I walked my normal route which is about 3 miles round trip. Last night was the first time I've been walking in about 9 months! It felt good to be outside and I took my time getting into a grove. Now if I could only keep it up... As for that other goal, I've cut down on the nightly TV watching but haven't quite reached the 1 hour a night point. The main reason for the cutbacks this week has nothing to do with self control. I went out to a show Sunday night, cooked dinner on Tuesday night (Polenta Pizza: it's a must try), went for a walk last night, and tonight is TMNT movie night. Needless to say I haven't made any headway with the extra reading and devotional time.

2 comments:

Brénainn (Brendan) said...

Good for you. I have been doing the exercise thing also. I spend about an hour in the gym doing verticle and horizontal machine bench presses (about 220 worth @ 30 reps.) Jogging for about a mile cause that is as far as my left ankle will carry me, but I can still leg press about 380 lbs since High School. I have been doing this for about 3 months now. Haven't worked out like this since I was about 22.

Yeah, I am guilty too. I went to TMNT not bad of a animated cartoon, needs more plot though.

Good luck on cutting down on the mental drain machine, unless you watch HOUSE MD or Discovery channel.

"J"

LadyBoyd said...

I need to get back to the exercise thing... its the main reason Im not losing weight. Counted up once and my average daily caloric intake is only like 1100 calories... I just gotta move this butt of mine! Maybe this summer we can take a class together at the Y with E or something. Get ourselves in Fightin' Shape (just in time for the World Series, so I can do a great victory dance when the Yankees WIN WIN WIN)