Friday, December 29, 2006

Reading

Last night I finished reading Barry Black's autobiography From the Hood to the Hill. For those who are unaware, Mr. Black, a graduate of Oakwood College, is the current chaplain of the US Senate. I once heard him speak at AUC. It was a good book, but not what I was expecting. I thought I would be getting a story. Instead the book used autobiographical sketches to demonstrate leadership lessons learned. I do think that this is a good book for anyone who has gone through the Adventist education system and for those to aspire to do more with their careers. Tonight I start on Kathleen Norris' "Amazing Grace." unbelievably, this was the only book that I got for Christmas (technically "From the Hood to the Hill" doesn't count because although it was on my wish list, I borrowed it from Poppy when I was up for Gramps' service. What books did you get or give this year?

No comments: