Thursday, November 09, 2006

Where Do the Days Go?

I can hardly believe that it is Thursday already. I have been up early or out late all week. I did my civic duty on Tuesday morning and had dinner with my boss and a visiting VP last night at Amerigo's. Oh how I love the garlic and leek mashed potatoes. Tonight I'm going to see a showing of the new Will Ferrell movie, Stranger than Fiction. It will be nice to just de-stress. The only hiccup is that I will have to do a quick load of laundry when I get home. I'm finally making good on the invite to visit my friends in Little Rock this weekend. I'll be leaving after work Friday and plan on just hanging out with no real plans for the entire time. I am very much looking forward to the drive and the fact that I cannot be anywhere near the office this weekend. I've spent a good part of today (and most of tomorrow will be the same) filing. I hate paper and have a bad habit of not putting it in it's proper place until I am overwhelmed by the stacks. Why the sudden change of heart? Easy. We are up for our bi-yearly audit. Sometime in November PWC will be here to check out our IT configurations and the Public File. Then next month they will find time to come back to do the financial and SOX audit before Christmas while we are in the middle of yet another traffic conversion and have most of the managers away for training and meetings at corporate. Oh happy day!

No comments: