Friday, October 20, 2006

Going Good

Today was the official scale day. Although I am currently in 4th place, I managed to lose 1.5 pounds and reduce my BMI by 1.2%. This is pretty good if you ask me. I did not exercise at all this week and even splurged on some cheese fritters (if you've had them, then you know that I had no real choice in the matter). Adding flavored water to my diet and staying away from the candy/snack office has helped. If I can be really good about working out next week, I may be able to move up a spot. I refuse to starve myself. I joke that I have the binge part down, but I never was on board with the whole purging part. My real goal is to have a lifestyle change and add exercise as a habit. I just want to be healthy and toned. On a side note, please know that I do not consider myself to be obese, or even overweight. I'm just flabby and not in shape. I want to make sure that I take care of myself and remind my muscles what they are there for. Adding exercise to my daily life is all I really need to do in order to have the body I want. In a perfect world, I would have better time management skills and a trainer to keep my butt in gear :)

No comments: