Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sometimes I Wish...

You won't hear me say it often, but yesterday was one of those days that I wished I had a husband or at least a male companion to call my own. I lost half a day of work because the cable guy missed the 12-2p window by two hours. It was 4:30p by the time he was done. I could've used someone to wait those extra two hours with/for me or to distract the snaggle-toothed cable guy from unwelcome over-friendliness. I really hated to waste those 4 hours. At least there was unpacking to done that kept me busy. I also brought the two solid wood closet doors out of the back bedroom and up to the attic last night. This took quite a bit of effort, but I was able to do it without dropping either of the doors down the stairs or on my feet. This is where a nice husband or even a roommate with opposable thumbs would've been helpful. If not for his strong back, then for a short massage to get out the kink which has taken up residence in my left shoulder. As it was I had to keep closing doors behind me to prevent O'Malley from investigating the attic and snacking on fiberglass insulation. Additionally, if I had a husband he could be blamed for all of my black and blue marks. I received the gene from my mother that allows me to bruise without touching anything. Heck, if someone looks at me wrong I bruise. My legs, knees, and arms are covered with bruises of every size, shape, and color. The fact that the 27" TV slipped out of my hands yesterday and landed face down on my knees hasn't helped. I'm going to have to take a break from home improvement or rearranging of furniture while I still have working limbs.

1 comment:

LadyBoyd said...

HOLY CRAP WOMAN! These are the times you call me, the woman who's work is wherever her laptop is. I can wait for the slow cable guy, and since I'm becoming more obviously pregnant with each passing day... he won't be overfriendly. Then, when my burly husband comes to pick me up? He can carry the doors for you up the stairs. We're useful like that. At least... we try to be. :-)