Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting Ready

Tomorrow is not just Thanksgiving. It is the second Thanksgiving that I've ever spent without my family (the first was during college and it was with my sister-in-law's family) and my first ever solo Thanksgiving. I've done many Christmases and Easters by myself but never Turkey Day. Since it's just me and knowing that this will be the menu next month for Christmas dinner, I'm forgoing the standard Cream Cheese Patties w/ McKay's homemade chicken gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga, mom's stuffing and pumpkin pie. Instead I'll be making some Stove Top stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, with some canned whole cranberry sauce (I can't stand that jelly stuff) and pumpkin pie ice cream. And I'll be having two entrees. Since we've always made our own Thanksgiving entree, I've never tried any of the pre-made loaves that are available. I've heard less than stellar reports about the Tofurkey version, so I'm trying the Field Roast Celebration Roast (1 pound) and the Quorn Turk'y Roast. I'll be sure to let you know tomorrow which one I preferred and which one had to be slathered in gravy. Wish me luck!

No comments: