Friday, November 06, 2009

Same Ol' Same Ol'

I'm not sure why, but things have been feeling monotonous lately. It seems like all I do is get up, go to work, go to one of the Extreme Faith meetings at the church, knit, watch about an hour of TV to wind down, read for a bit (just finished a collection of short stories) and go to bed. I don't remember the last time I had a social event to go to or spent a chunk of time just socializing. I did go play games at a friend's house last Saturday night, but I got there late (had to hit up the Extreme Faith meeting first) and was so worn out from the week that I only stayed for about an hour and a half. I've been feeling the itch for one of those all night girls nights out at a club or diner. But since my clubbing and bar days are pretty much behind me and the majority of my friends are worn out at the end of the day themselves (kids, pregnancy, school, family, work, and husbands can really take a toll--or so I've been told), I don't know when it would happen. The fact that I am not comfortable in party settings--I don't talk to strangers--doesn't help matters. As a self-proclaimed homebody, I'm usually quite content to sit at home and chill. But these days being a carefree single gal with a vacant social calendar just isn't what it used to be.

No comments: